The Division and Precautions of Stainless Steel Elbow
Jun. 29, 2020
Stainless Steel Elbow China is mainly different from carbon steel elbows in terms of materials. Its chemical composition will prevent the surface of the elbows from rusting and corrosion for a long time.
In the piping system, the elbow is a pipe fitting that changes the direction of the pipe. From an angle, the three most commonly used are 45° and 90°180°. In addition, according to engineering needs, it also includes other abnormal angles such as 60°.
The elbow is made of cast iron, stainless steel, alloy steel, malleable cast iron, carbon steel, non-ferrous metal, and plastic. Pipeline connection methods include direct welding (the most common method) flange connection, hot melt connection, electric fusion connection, screw connection, socket connection, and so on. According to the production process, it can be divided into welding elbows, stamping elbows, hot pressing elbows, pushing elbows, casting elbows, forging elbows, clamping elbows, etc. Other names: 90° elbow, right angle bend, love and bend, white steel elbow, etc.
According to standard production, it can be transformed into:
1. According to manufacturing standards, it is divided into national standard, ship standard, electric standard, water standard, American standard, German standard, Japanese standard, Russian standard, etc.
2. According to the production method, it can be divided into extrusion, stamping, forging, casting, etc.
The 90° stainless steel elbow is mainly used for one of the connection joints for piping installation and for the connection of piping bending. Connect two pipes with the same or different nominal diameter to make a 90° turn.
Stainless steel is usually a high proportion of chromium, nickel and other alloys added to carbon steel, the content of which can reach more than 20%. Common steel grades are 304, 304l, 321, 316, 316l, 1cr18ni9ti, 0cr18ni9, the steel numbers indicated by the first few numbers are the methods indicated by Japanese and American steel numbers, and the last (1cr18ni9ti) is the method indicated by domestic steel numbers.
The characteristics of stainless steel: the strength and toughness indexes are the best among various steels. Its most prominent advantage is its corrosion resistance. Stainless steel must be used in highly corrosive applications, such as the chemical industry and papermaking. Of course, the cost is relatively high!
Stainless Steel Elbow China
Precautions for the use of stainless steel elbows
1. During installation, the stainless steel elbow can be directly installed on the pipeline according to the connection method, or according to the location of use. Under normal circumstances, it can be installed in any position of the pipeline, but it needs to be sealed to prevent flushing leakage and affect the normal operation of the pipeline.
2. When using ball valves, globe valves, and gate valves with stainless steel elbows, they can only be fully opened or closed. They are not allowed for flow regulation to avoid sealing.
3. For long-term storage of stainless steel elbows, periodic inspections should be carried out. The exposed processing surface should be kept clean, the dirt should be removed, and stored neatly in a ventilated and dry place indoors. Stacking and open storage are strictly prohibited. Always keep the stainless steel elbows dry and ventilated, keep the guard ring clean and tidy, and store it according to accurate storage methods.
Tips: When using stainless steel elbows, there are many things to pay attention to. Users need to use them according to specific methods and use and maintain them according to accurate and fair methods.
We are stainless steel flange supplier china, if you are interested in our products, please feel free to contact us.